Loch Ness Challenge
29 August - 2 September 2019
Set in the wilds of Scotland, paddle 60 miles in an open topped canoe along the Great Glen Fault.
Paddlers will enjoy meandering along the calm waters of the canals, then taking in the majesty of some of the most captivating landscapes in the world.
Each loch and section of the trail has its own personality, places to explore and sights to enjoy. With early morning mists and bald eagles flying overhead, this really is an experience that your heart will not forget quickly.
Working together in teams of two, you will learn how to paddle efficiently and manoeuvre your canoes in both calm and rough waters, as the Loch Ness monster sometimes leaves large waves.
Each night you will camp along the shores and under starlight learn bushcraft, taking home a valuable skill in survival.
You do not need to have any experience or equipment, simply the will to achieve and team spirit.
This event covers five days spread across a weekend.
We ask each team of two for:
Terms and conditions:
1. The Loch Ness Challenge is a physically demanding event, and therefore participants must be in a good level of health on commencing the journey. If you are unsure or have a pre-existing medical condition please seek the advice of your GP and inform Sailors’ Society of any existing medical conditions. Individuals participate at their own risk.
2. You must have insurance that covers this level of activity, and includes repatriation if appropriate.
3. It is recommended that you undergo a training programme before you commence this challenge.
4. The minimum fundraising amount is £1,250 per person, you will need to have raised this by Friday 16 September 2019.
5. The deadline for 75 per cent of your fundraising target is Monday 19 August or you may not be able to participate, unless you make up the difference yourself.
6. Places are non-deferrable, if you withdraw you will need to re-apply the following year should you wish to participate once more.
7. Fundraising is non-deferrable.
8. Any fundraising and deposits are non-refundable at any time.
9. You will not be guaranteed a place before paying the £100 additional, non-refundable registration fee.
10. In the event of you cancelling after 1 July 2019, you will be issued a cancellation fee of £270 to cover any non-refundable costs paid for by Sailors Society on your behalf.
11. Sailors’ Society may, at their sole discretion, withdraw places on the challenge should they feel it is in their best interest to do so.
I, the undersigned, agree to the terms and conditions laid out in this document, and agree to pay the £100 registration fee. I am fully aware that this is a fundraising activity in aid of Sailors’ Society. I confirm that I will raise a minimum sponsorship of £1,250 and pay all funds raised to Sailors’ Society by Monday 16 September 2019.
I have the full intention of completing the Loch Ness Challenge as a fundraising activity for Sailors Society on 29 August – 2 September 2019.